Sunday, October 23, 2016

“Hook me hunting? No, let me. He never wanted to see me” – Corriere della Sera

The day of reckoning there will be. “She is not in that hunt me, could not do it. I I hereby resign”. The appointment was for this morning at the Palace of the City. The mayor Chiara Appendino. On the other Patrizia Asproni, one of the leading experts of cultural management in Italy, the president in charge of the Turin Museum Foundation. “We won’t go there, there is a need. I take off the disorder. It is a problem of lack of respect, knowledge, and expertise of the work done. And now also a deep distrust in this administration.” The end of a story torinese, small, or large depending on your point of view, intended, however, to leave trains in a city that takes the measures of his new guide and at the same time begins to have the fear of downsizing, accentuated by the magical moment of the nearby Milan. It started a week ago, with an article on the local pages of the Republic where you stated that perhaps the exhibition of Manet would not have made it. The mayor Chiara Appendino reacted sharply, demanding the resignation of the president Asproni, arrived in 2013, and holder of important numbers, more than 42 percent of the total visitors in 2014, plus 31% in 2015, 32% to the 30 September 2016. The charge: not being informed, if not by the press. “The case of Manet does not exist. That show was a hypothesis, not service packs. My role is to provide for appropriations, to implement management methods. I do not interference, I. I look forward to that I be presented with a project. The rest are decided by the directors of the four museums with which I have had the honor of working”.

So what are the reasons of this clash?
“Despite my incessant demands, I’ve never had a direct contact with the mayor. The problem is political”.

does Not find that the spoils system is a legitimate practice?
“But the target is wrong. Or maybe it’s just the one easiest to hit”.

Who call to Turin?
“, Piero Fassino. I had heard at a conference on the management of Italian cultural heritage. Did not know one another. He called me a week later: I would like to ride the positive wave of the city with the culture, our museums have potential unrealized. If the feels? I agreed. Everything here”.

his relationship with the new mayor?
“The day of his election sent a message of congratulations with a request to meet. Another on the 19th of July. Then another, and another still. No response. We invite you Hanger to the presentation of the interim financial statements. The mayor will be present, tell us. Very good. Called to say that he has a commitment. Move the date to allow you to be there. At the end we all know that is not but there will be Francesca Leon, minister of Culture. Not presents, not even her. Staggering”.

was Not a way to make her understand something?
“Rude and offensive in any case. Perhaps I had lived as a remnant of the recent past”.

A piece of the much-discussed system-Turin?
“Rather an easy target. They are an external, non-organic, I don’t belong to anyone. The system-Turin is alive, well, intact. And often rejects those who do not belong to the same system”.

Manet is a pretext?
“I wonder how much discomfort it can give the success in these years. The mayor and his aides have repeatedly confirmed their no to the so-called exhibitions, blockbuster. And then I get reprimanded, and in that way, not to make a show blockbusters. Very irrational”.

Where would be the hypocrisy?
“The mayor knows that the Municipality has yet to Fondazione Torino Musei 7.5 million per year in contributions. Download any faults it’s an escape from responsibility”.

considers it to be a media operation?
“the reaction of The mayor to respond more to the protection of his own image than that of the city.”

his opinion on the cultural policy of the new administration?
“I don’t see a clear direction. Only a heavy interference on a body that is autonomous. The Municipality says it wants to give the guidelines to the museums. However, it seems to me an intention to expensive”.

, And if they were simply other priorities?
“In the electoral campaign, compared the code to the museums to those in the community. An instrumental use of culture. I note that our museums have been mainly addressed to the citizens. Innkeepers and merchants also were pleased.”

Is evoking the specter of degrowth?
“Turin responds well to the events, is very proud to be become also with the culture, a model recognized by all. At the moment, the mayor enjoys a broad consensus and the media, which allows you to say one day one thing and then immediately after the opposite. I wonder how long the city can remain without knowing its guidelines. Just a little to go back”.

wasn’t it better to meet up even just to say good-bye?
“I wanted to do it. It would have been simple. In my regard, there has been a prejudice, which is independent from the results obtained. I have my dignity. Good job to the mayor and all the best in Turin. It has a need.”

October 23, 2016 (change to October 23, 2016 | 23:17)

© REPRODUCTION RESERVED

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment