Monday, February 29, 2016

civil unions, Renzi: “The era of vetoes. I will go to parishes to explain “- The Messenger

“To the extremists on both sides, I mean it is over the time in which someone in Italy had a right of veto, blocking. We went ahead on reforms even when the most they told us to stop. Striking a trust? Yes. Even with strokes of confidence when it was necessary. We did not stop even the sacred need to recognize rights to homosexual couples because the opposite would be uncivilized. ” This was stated by Prime Minister Matteo Renzi in his e-news commenting on the outcome of the vote on civil unions.

“As promised we have significantly stepped up and the law is finally passed at first reading in the Senate, even at the cost of a vote trust and harsh polemics. We are used to criticism, but I confess I was very impressed when I saw in a Tg a gay girl to say: Today is a bad day, because after this law will be worse than before. I wonder how far can get the denial of reality. The law on civil unions can not be perfect, but no law is. Will have limits, of course, “writes the President of the Council. The bill passed the Senate “objectively marks a big step forward for the rights of homosexual citizens and therefore for the Italian rights. Who says nothing better that this law lives armored in its ideology; but if it does – as I think – for reasons of political calculation, wishes, ‘says Renzi.

“What about the defense of the family with the reform of the Senate?” he then asks the president of the Council and Secretary of the Democratic Party replicating to the Family day leader, Massimo Gandolfini, who announced a no in the referendum on reforms as a form of protest against the approval of the law on civil unions. “I read the statements of Professor Gandolfini, among animators of the Family Day, in an impromptu press conference, accompanied by influential senators in front of the cameras, he said – reminds Renzi – that the people he represents will make sure the referendum on Constitution – that deals with Regions, the Senate, the unnecessary entities – Hand No. and all this to send me home, as I had announced that if I will lose the referendum unlike other politicians will be a serious, consistent and I do not hold on to a consolation chair. “

” Unfortunately, it is a now familiar feature of many of the so-called civil society (and even some trade unionist): an event, three cameras, two talks and zac, the politics politician incorporates them immediately in system. What about the defense of the family with the Senate reform? What have sex couples with the cancellation of Cnel? What have the religious movements with regional expertise on energy and tourism? Nothing. But we have to get back at Renzi. “

” And I with a smile – ensures the prime minister – I accept the challenge and I will go if I invite parishes, as in the realities of volunteering, to say why – in my judgment – it is right that the reform steps, the slim politics, that the regions do less but better. The one and the other, extremists on both sides, I mean it is over the time in which someone in Italy had a right of veto, blocking. We did not stop even the sacred need to recognize rights to homosexual couples because it would be rude otherwise. If someone wants to send home to this, we will go home. But until then, obstinate and smiling, we will continue to do the things that we need to Italy.

<'p>
         

             Monday, February 29, 2016, 15:24 – Last Updated: 15:25
© ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment