And of 20,14% to 12 the voter turnout in Italy for the constitutional referendum. A presence high in the polls compared to the previous referendum, if you think that to respond to the questito on drilling, in April last, went to vote at 12 l’8.35% of italians, while in 2001 the referendum on the modification of the Title V saw participation at the same time only 7.8% and the 2006 referendum on devolution to the 12 he had gone to vote to 10.1%. The turnout so far has been massive in the North, less to the South. In large cities, the records of the voters in Bologna, 26,67%. In Milan, has voted to 22.8%, in Rome and 18.9, in Turin, 18.4, Naples 15%.
The president of the Republic, Sergio Mattarella, has voted for the constitutional referendum in Palermo. The head of the State voted at the polling station 535 school average of “Place”, at a walking distance from the central via Libertà, where is located the residence of Mattarella.
the president of The Council Matteo Renzi, after about ten minutes in a row, is entered in section number three, and has voted with a greeting to the chairman and the scrutineers and the many photographers and journalists present in the school De Amicis. Renzi has arrived at the polling station accompanied by his wife and children.
“Well, now I think of it…”, responded the Third, smiling, to a lady at the entrance of the school De Amicis where the headquarters of the section n.3 of Pontassieve, had asked him to, she joked: “the President has already decided how to vote?”. Since seven this morning in front of the school De Amicis, there were photographers and cameramen, also foreigners: among others, a troupe of china, an English photographer, and a German crew. Renzi, arrived to walk with the family, greeted some people, and by the way the journalists present. No statement, except the scene with the lady and some selfie outside the polling station. “But how many are they?”, instead, he smile to his wife Agnese Landini, just appeared on the door of the polling station, and inside were huddled together cameramen and photographers.
We are open regularly to the hours of 7 seats for the constitutional referendum, with the “Provisions for the overcoming of bicameralism equal, the reduction of the number of members of parliament, the containment of the costs of the operation of the institutions, the suppression of the CNEL and the revision of title V of part II of the Constitution.”
The electoral body, broken down into 7.998 Common and in 61.551 electoral sections of the national territory, is equal to 46.714.950 voters, of which 22.465.280 men and 24.249.670 women. The counting of the votes will begin on the same day, immediately after closing the voting at 23.
You decide the fate of the constitutional reform. But the result will also affect the fate of the government Renzi.
Duecentotrentasei the free definitive of Parliament (12 April 2016) to vote today, through its 5,600 votes between the house and Senate, 4.500 interventions, 83 million of the amendments that have brought the measure 122 of the final changes. This, in summary, the progress of the “number” of the reform on which they will be called to express themselves 50.7 million italians, of which about 4 million people living abroad.
From the stop to the perfect bicameralism for many subjects, federalism revised and corrected (more powers to the State) until the disappearance of the term provinces already transformed by the law Delrio in “bodies of large area”, the abolition of Cnel: this, in a nutshell, the main new features of the text:
- CAMERA – Will be the only vote the trust and to pass resolutions, an absolute majority of the the state of war. And it will also be the only one to decide on amnesty and pardon. The deputies remain 630, and will be elected by universal suffrage as it is today.
- SENATE – will Continue to be called the Senate of the Republic, but will be minimized in number and in skills. It will be composed of 95 members, elected by the Regional Councils and autonomous provinces, and 5 appointed by the head of State who will remain in office for 7 years. On about 20 subjects, of which the laws of constitutional revision, and implementation of the community directives, will decide in a regime of perfect bicameralism with the Room. Just like now. To other ordinary laws, instead, will be to request the Room to intervene. In some cases it will be “monocameralismo with role-reinforced of the Senate”, in others “monocameralismo participated”. Ad hoc processes for budget laws. The Senate will not be subjected to dissolution, but a partial renewal because the term of office of the senators-councillors will coincide with that of the regions or autonomous provinces from which they were elected.
- SENATORS-ADVISERS – The 95 senators, representative of the territorial institutions shall be elected by the regional councils or the autonomous provinces in accordance with the choices of the voters. Referring to ordinary law the decision whether to provide or not a “list” when you vote for the administration. The Regional Councils and of autonomous provinces will elect with the proportional method, the senators among its members. Of these, 95 counselors, 21 will be the auditors.
- IMMUNITY – the new senators shall enjoy parliamentary immunity pursuant to article 68 of the Constitution.
- FEDERALISM – Are listed-in-chief to the State, some skills, such as energy, strategic infrastructure and the national system of civil protection. Also, on the proposal of the government, the Chamber can approve laws, but also in the fields of competence of the Regions, ‘at the request of the protection of the legal unit or economic policy of the Republic, namely the protection of the national interest’. That is, you will be able to exercise the “supremacy clause” even when it is provided for the exclusive competence of the regions.
- DDL-GOVERNMENT VOTE IN a CERTAIN DATE – The government, which will remain in the head, the power of enacting emergency, you can also ask the Chamber to deliberate on draft laws considered to be “essential for the implementation of the government program” within 70 days, extendable by an additional 15.
- the PRESIDENT OF the REPUBLIC – The elect 630 deputies and 100 senators. For the first 3 ballots need 2/3 of the members; from the fourth it drops to 3/5; from the seventh ballot will be sufficient for the majority of 3/5 of the voters.
- CONSTITUTIONAL COURT – Of the 5 judges of election in the parliament, 3 will be elected by the Chamber and 2 in the Senate.
- REFERENDUM – It introduces a new quorum for the validity of the referendum (in addition to the one already existing), that is, the majority of the voters in the last elections of the Chamber in the case in which the request was advanced by 800 thousand voters.
- REFERENDUM PROPOSAL – Are introduced with the reform; an ordinary law shall determine the mode of implementation.
- the DDL OF the POPULAR INITIATIVE – Rising from 50,000 to 150,000 signatures needed to submit a ddl initiative. However, the regulations of the Chamber, that this should be reformed, and must indicate the precise timing of the examination.
- ELECTION LAW – Is introduced, the prior recourse on electoral law (that is, before their promulgation) to the Constitutional Court upon request of 1/3 of the members of the Senate or 1/4 of the members of the house within 10 days from approval of the law. And the Court must give a ruling within 30 days. If illegitimate, the law can not be promulgated.
- PROVINCES – clears their name after the transformation, on the part of the law Delrio, in “bodies of large area”.
- CNEL – Is suppressed the National Council for Economy and Work. The staff goes to the Court of Auditors.